Complete rework of the entire project now using C#
- New contributor @AnthonySlas
- Even lower memory footprint in testing
- Fixes existing issues
- New integrated update system
- Works on the latest Windows 10 Preview build
- Still pulls image locally
- Installed package < 1 MB
- More features to come
Uninstall the old version (Version 1) as well as the beta before continuing with this version
Uninstall the old version (Version 1) before continuing with this version
The beta is posted to just make sure everything works. It is designed to find the current Spotlight Wallpaper, set it to the Desktop Wallpaper, and then close. After testing, a release will become available that runs in the background.
- Finds new registry locations (currently three) for the new Windows Insider builds
- Using Pyinstaller to package the python script
- SpotlightDesktop Launcher is used to open the application in a hidden window and opening SpotlightDesktop.exe directly will show the console window with the output of the paths and when the script detects a new image location
- Due to some of the issues with accessing registry locations from the script directly, a compiled version RegLookup has been used to make registry queries for the two new registry locations where the spotlight image could be
- Installer now includes the needed dependencies for the python application
- Minor formatting changes to the code
- Now using Advanced Installer with uninstall support, fixes #4
- The installer if for both 32bit and 64bit processors.
Note: When installing new versions or reinstalling, uninstall the old version first.