Side-by-side Leaflet map of Sanborn fire insurance maps and CSV data files on real estate development on Ardmore Road, West Hartford CT, 1917-1923+ Leaflet synchronized dual maps, with geosearch and permalink features.
Leaflet map developed by Ilya Ilyankou and Jack Dougherty for On The Line, http://OnTheLine.trincoll.edu, Trinity College, Hartford CT
Sanborn Map Collection, Library of Congress; georectified at Mapwarper.net
- Sanborn Map Company, Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut, 1917, https://www.loc.gov/item/sanborn01132_004/; georectified at https://mapwarper.net/maps/55434
- Sanborn Map Company, Sanborn Fire Insurance Map from West Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut, 1923, https://www.loc.gov/item/sanborn01194_001/; georectified at https://mapwarper.net/maps/55433
- Leaflet https://leafletjs.com
- jQuery https://jquery.com/
- Esri Leaflet for Esri imagery and labels https://github.com/Esri/esri-leaflet/
- L.Map.Sync v0.2.4 to synchronize map movements https://github.com/turban/Leaflet.Sync
1922-1926 Ardmore Road, West Hartford, City Directory Listings, transcribed from Geer’s Hartford Directory, Including West Hartford and East Hartford, Connecticut (Hartford, Conn: Hartford Printing Company). Digitized by Ancestry.com.
- 1922 https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2469/images/895141
- 1923 https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2469/images/1338432
- 1924 https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2469/images/1338432
- 1925 https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2469/images/898569
- 1926 https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2469/images/900345
Note: City directories may be incomplete and contain errors. In this example, John Griswold is listed at 46 Ardmore for two years, then listed at 44 Ardmore for one year. Likewise, Charles Isleib is listed at 53 Ardmore for two years, then 51 Ardmore for one year. Abraham Weiner is listed at 83 Ardmore for one year, then 81 Ardmore the next year.
West Hartford Voting Registration Records for Ardmore Road (1920-1926), transcribed by Jeff Murray from West Hartford Historical Society archives in 2017, with permission to share publicly. Columns reorganized by Jack Dougherty, March 2021.