Side-by-side aerial views of Connecticut neighborhood change, 1934-present. Leaflet synchronized dual maps to display basemaps of same location over time, with geosearch and permalink features.
Leaflet map developed by Ilya Ilyankou and Jack Dougherty for On The Line, http://OnTheLine.trincoll.edu, Trinity College, Hartford CT
Replaces 2012 UConn MAGIC Google Map http://magic.lib.uconn.edu/otl/dualcontrol_aerialchange.html
1934 Connecticut Aerial Photography provided by the Connecticut State Library, on MAGIC Web Mapping Service (WMS), http://magic.lib.uconn.edu/help/help_WMS.htm
1990, 2004 imagery provided by the Connecticut Ecological Conditions Online (CT ECO) Web Map Services, http://cteco.uconn.edu/help/faq_map_service.htm#wms
- Leaflet https://leafletjs.com
- jQuery https://jquery.com/
- Esri Leaflet for Esri imagery and labels https://github.com/Esri/esri-leaflet/
- L.Map.Sync v0.2.4 to synchronize map movements https://github.com/turban/Leaflet.Sync
- Console warning: Mixed content (http served over https). Asked UConn MAGIC about future https support for WMS server or alternate map source.