newbound dark syntax theme for Atom
newbound dark is a subtle, medium contrast theme for Atom, based on the hues and shades from Oliver Pattison’s website. Optimized for writing Markdown and front-end development, it should also work for general use.
- Medium contrast without any dissonant color pairings
- Consistent support for syntax grammar across languages
- Carefully selected, Base16-inspired palette, with blue and red accents
- Support for UIs that are responsive to hues from syntax themes, like the built-in One Dark UI theme
invisibles(if enabled in Settings)
- Bracket matching style
- Suitable for monospace fonts without an italic variant
Specific support for these syntaxes
- (GitHub-flavored) Markdown
General support for other languages is intended but not guaranteed.
HTML (and Liquid)
SCSS (or CSS, Sass, or Less)
This theme can be installed with the Atom package manager in the app or on the command line.
Search in Settings (Preferences) > Install for this package.
Or on a command line
$ apm install newbound-dark-syntax
After it is installed, it can be activated by going to the Settings (Preferences) > Themes section and selecting it from the Syntax Theme menu.
Not using Atom?
colors.yml file with Base16 Builder to generate a theme for a different text editor. This theme was created by hand, so results may vary from this implementation.