BallotAPI - Ballots for developers
NOTE: THIS PROJECT IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT. THE API DOES NOT WORK YET.
Main website: https://ballotapi.org/
What is BallotAPI?
BallotAPI exactly what it sounds like: a ballot API. More specifically, it is a public domain database and REST API of election and ballot information in the United States. The goal of this project is to allow developers to integrate up-to-date election and ballot information into their apps and websites.
- Docs - what the API should do (Initial docs done! https://ballotapi.org/docs)
- Prototype - server that follows the docs
- Website - website design/logo/content
- Demo - example app that uses the API
- Testing - automated tests and sanity checks
- Maintenance - apps for maintaining the dataset
- Ops - tools for running/monitoring production
This entire project (including all source code, documentation, and ballot data) is released into the public domain.
While this project is released into the public domain, it does depend on other open source projects. All dependencies are not included in the project license are released under their respective open source licenses.
- Bootstrap - MIT
- Bootstrap.native - MIT
- Leaflet - BSD-2-Clause
- Jekyll - MIT
- Python - PSFL
- Psycopg2 - LGPL
- PostgreSQL - PostgreSQL Licence
- PostGIS - GPLv2
We love all types of contributions!