Free Face Mask Creator
WARNING: THIS PROJECT IS NOT YET COMPLETE. SOME THINGS DO NOT WORK YET.
This is a free and open-source embeddable website that lets users add an image to a face mask and print out the pattern so they can sew their own personalized custom face mask.
Why does this project exist?
Face masks are incredibly effective at stopping the spread of Covid-19, but many people hesitate to wear them because they feel uncomfortable or think they look silly.
The goal of this project is to reduce the stigma of wearing a face mask by encouraging you get creative and create your own one-of-a-kind facemask.
- Domain acquired (DONE, https://www.open-austin.org/freefacemaskcreator/)
- Basic functionality for making a mask pattern (DONE, flat-front only)
- Other mask patterns (e.g. curved, pleated, etc.)
- Static webpage content (e.g. landing, about, etc.)
- Social media sharing urls
- 3d preview in creator
- Sewing instructions in pdf export
- Embedding documentation
See our issue tracker
for a complete list of issues. Things that are open for help will
be marked as
help-wanted. To ensure you don't waste your time,
please make a comment in that issue asking if you can start working
on it (to ensure multiple people aren't duplicating work).
Pull requests welcome! NOTE: This project is open-source (MIT), so if you open a pull request and it gets merged, you must be willing to release your changes under the MIT license.