Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Roles and Leadership Development #218
What We've Done
1. Sharing out where we are so that we can co-create the model
2. Prioritize critical roles & fill them
3. Team leads requirements for all teams
4. Create onboarding process / roadmap for these roles by MAR 15
5. Announce new leads, invite people to onboard by MAR 29
I put a "Policy Champion" role in the policy team, similar to a project champion, but for people who introduce a policy initiative that doesn't really involve a technical dimension or any product management. Open to discussion whether that should fall under "policy" or "projects." But now that I've described the advocacy process in the doc, it makes me think we should have an easier way to highlight policy initiatives on the website.
@amaliebarras: 4 under next steps? Yeah that seems right. Start showing up seems like a pre-req instead of in the middle of the list.
Here's how I would outline it if it were sequential: