Open MPI Weekly Telcon
- Dialup Info: (Do not post to public mailing list or public wiki)
- Geoff Paulsen
- Jeff Squyres
- Brad Benton
- Brian Barrett
- Edgar Gabriel
- Geoffroy Vallee
- Howard Pritchard
- Josh Hursey
- Joshua Ladd
- Nathan Hjelm
- Ralph Castain
- Ryan Grant
- Sylvain Jeaugey
- Todd Kordenbrock
- Still no drivers for a 1.10.5.
#2234 COMM_SPAWN broken: status?
- Perhaps the problem is in the MPI layer...? Not really sure that it's in the PMIx layer.
- Need someone to look at the MPI layer.
- @hjelmn mentions that we re-wrote a bunch of comm CID stuff on master and brought it to v2.1.
- Ralph confirmed: v2.1 and v2.0 both failing COMM_SPAWN
- Ralph looks: PMIx between the two are identical.
- Nathan marked 2215 a blocker -- it's the CID rewrite stuff.
- Jeff will check out this PR and try it out to see if it fixes the problem.
- If this fixes the problem, Nathan thinks it might not be hard to port this to v2.0.x.
- Side effect: fixing scaling of COMM_SPLIT_TYPE. Yay!
- Report from Orion P: we need to fix COMM_SPAWN for v2.0.x
#1831: Communication rate degradation: status?
- Arm's graph doesn't show 2.0.x results. Will have to ask.
- C++ compile error -- missing a PR from master (remove useless / duplicate commit). It's on v2.1.
- Missing this commit on v2.0.x: c530b0a07c79e40eccf054bfc29260fcf93f54df
- Jeff will file a PR for this.
- v2.0.2 schedule:
- Close bugs this Friday, Oct 28
- Aim to release Fri Nov 4
- #2234 COMM_SPAWN broken: status?
- PMIx 1.2.0: status?
PR 2286: will update to PMIx v1.2.0rc1. Testing is looking good. Two outstanding issues -- both should be done this week:
- Update to Get
- One thing Boris is working on.
- Estimate release PMIx v1.2.0 this time next week.
- People please try it out!
- PR 2286: will update to PMIx v1.2.0rc1. Testing is looking good. Two outstanding issues -- both should be done this week:
- Yoda BTL fixes: status?
- Boris has been doing some testing. Just finding a fragmentation issue so far -- should be a 1-line change. Working on it, but should be able to open a PR soon.
- PMIx 1.2.0: status?
PR #2285: enabling orte to use libfabric
- Please go test it!
- Uses RDM messaging
- @hppritcha would like to test, but will not be able to test until next week
- PR #2285: enabling orte to use libfabric
SPI - http://www.spi-inc.org/
- Still waiting for official invitation
Discussion about Nightly snapshot versioning.
- Jeff proposed a nomenclature. Has not been implemented yet.
MTT change to AWS
OMPI BOF is Wed Night at SC16
New Contribution agreement / Consent agreement / Bylaws.
- Patent clause protection change proposal.
- Could put this language in the disclaimer signoff.
- Either don't care or want to change this.
- Official notice: Members will hold a formal vote in 2 weeks (Oct 25) to vote on new bylaws.
- Comment that driver for this is no longer there, since they've become a member.
- Comment that this new bylaw is driving towards way other open source projects are managing this.
- Comment that 2 week notice for official votes is highly preferable.
- Geoff Paulsen will send out notice, and ask for comments to devel mailing list.
- Geoff Paulsen will send out voting notice to devel-core for Oct 25th vote.
Voting results; members:
- Cisco: yes
- ORNL: yes
- UH: yes
- LANL: yes
- Mellanox: yes
- Sandia: yes
- Nvidia: yes
- Intel: yes
- Inria: yes
- Dresden: absent
- HLRS: absent
- Tennessee: absent
- Indiana: absent
- RIST: absent
- Yes: 9
- No: 0
- Abstain/not present: 5
Contributors (no voting privileges, but who expressed an opinion):
- AMD: yes
- Amazon: no opinion
- ARM: conceptual ok
- IBM: yes
MTT Dev status:
- Done! No need to be on future agendas.
Open MPI Developer's Meeting
- Geoff (aka Ralph) will put up a doodle to solicit input.
Status Update Rotation
- LANL, Houston, IBM
- Cisco, ORNL, UTK, NVIDIA
- Mellanox, Sandia, Intel