Open MPI Weekly Telecon
- Dialup Info: (Do not post to public mailing list or public wiki)
- v2.1.4 - Targeting Oct 15th,
- lower priority to v3.0 and v3.1
- No new news on v2.1.x
- Quick turnaround on this, Shooting for May 1st.
- v3.0.2 open for bugfixes.
- Will pre-emptively fix PMIx compatibility pieces to pickup PMIx v1.2.5 clients.
- This will bring in PMIx compatibility with OMPI client (mpirun/orted/libmpi) from OMPI v2.1.3
- memkind disable needs to get into v3.0.2, Either taken care of or waiting to be taken care of.
- Schedule - ASAP - but blockers keep getting filed.
- No one seems particularly eager to get it out.
- Not getting any
- Feature that works in v3.0 that doesn't work in v3.1
- also broken in master.
- Giles confirmed this is not a problem in the 3.0.x series.
- This is not mpirun/orte differences. Just a library
- Giles fix does not go back to pmix v1.2
- Any use cases for who wants this to work?
- We made statements about compatibility
- We're not sure what the container folks want/need.
- Suggestion with OMPI v3.1.x you should switch to PMIx v2.x
- Suggestion we rename this to v4.0, but then we know fall release is v5.0
- Mellanox has a fix for this, will review and have a PR in next few days.
- IBM will review this when posted.
Cisco SLURM dies in weird ways for both v3.0.x and v3.1.x
SLURM 16.15 OPMI v3.1 with external PMIx, this won't work.
- Broken on master also
No one seems to have resources to fix this.
- OSHMEM v1.4 - not sure if we have to drop the depricated APIs, curious OMPI is dropping depricated APIs...
- Only remove things removed from the OSHMEM standard, not things Deprecated as "deprecated" means it will be removed from a future version of the standard. If some APIs were removed from the standard, then ask oshmem email list their thoughts.
- v4.0 release manager
- Howard and Geoff have volunteered, but we can have other volunteers.
- Start talking about now. Plan to branch mid-july.
- Voted for Geoff and Howard for release manager for v4.0 mid-July branch, release mid-Sept?
- OMPI testing of PMIx compatibility
- Late August would be a good time to have this OMPI testing of PMIx compatibility come online.
- Open MPI should test to keep upstream PMIx compatibility to a high bar.
- We need to test cross compatibility PMIx coverage.
- What to test? Launch, simple communication, abort.
- Other PMIx features? Debugger attach, others?
MTT / Jenkins Testing Dev
- Get copy of perl JSON, and put it on MTT.
When should we branch v4.0?
Status Update Rotation
- Mellanox, Sandia, Intel
- LANL, Houston, IBM, Fujitsu
- Cisco, ORNL, UTK, NVIDIA