Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
liboqs nist-branch snapshot 2018-11
The Open Quantum Safe (OQS) project has the goal of developing and prototyping quantum-resistant cryptography. More information on OQS can be found on our website: https://openquantumsafe.org/ and on Github at https://github.com/open-quantum-safe/.
liboqs is an open source C library for quantum-resistant cryptographic algorithms.
This branch of liboqs (nist-branch) focuses on incorporating submissions to the NIST Post-Quantum Cryptography standardization project. Details about nist-branch can be found in README.md. See in particular limitations on intended use.
This branch of liboqs can be used with the following Open Quantum Safe application integrations:
- OpenSSL 1.0.2: A prototype integration of liboqs-based key exchange into TLS 1.2 in our fork of OpenSSL 1.0.2; see the OQS-OpenSSL-1_0_2-stable branch of our OpenSSL fork's repository.
- OpenSSL 1.1.1: A prototype integration of liboqs-based key exchange and authentication into TLS 1.3 in our fork of OpenSSL 1.1.1; see the OQS-OpenSSL-1_1_1-stable branch of our OpenSSL fork's repository.
- OpenSSH 7.7 portable 1: A prototype integration of liboqs-based key exchange into SSH in our fork of OpenSSH 7.7; see the OQS-master branch of our OpenSSH fork's repository.
This snapshot of nist-branch was released on November 13, 2018. Its release page on Github is https://github.com/open-quantum-safe/liboqs/releases/tag/nist-branch-snapshot-2018-11.
This is the fourth snapshot release of liboqs nist-branch.
New key encapsulation mechanisms
The following KEMs have been added in the 2018-11 snapshot release:
- Titanium: 4 parameterizations:
Titanium-CCA-super(contributed by Ben Davies (University of Waterloo))
The BIKE implementation was updated.
New signature schemes
The following signature schemes have been added in the 2018-11 snapshot release:
- CRYSTALS-Dilithium: 3 parameterizations:
Dilithium_IV_very_high(contributed by Tancrède Lepoint)
The qTESLA implementation was updated with a new upstream version (2018-07-28).
- The public and private API have been more clearly delineated. The public API is now deemed to consist of
oqs/sig.hand is marked with
alg_versionfield is present on the
OQS_SIGobjects to indicate the version of the algorithm present.
- URL for downloading Keccak Code Package updated.
- See https://github.com/open-quantum-safe/liboqs/issues?q=is%3Aissue+label%3Anist-branch+is%3Aclosed+project%3Aopen-quantum-safe%2Fliboqs%2F9 for a detailed list of changes.
Snapshot releases of nist-branch will be made monthly. Plans for the next snapshot release of nist-branch can be found online at https://github.com/open-quantum-safe/liboqs/projects/10.