MediaWiki is a popular and free, open-source wiki software package written in PHP. It serves as the platform for Wikipedia and the other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation, which deliver content in over 280 languages to more than half a billion people each month. MediaWiki's reliability and robust feature set have earned it a large and vibrant community of third-party users and developers.
- feature-rich and extensible, both on-wiki and with over 2,000 extensions;
- scalable and suitable for both small and large sites;
- available in your language; and
- simple to install, working on most hardware/software combinations.
- Ready to get started?
- Looking for the technical manual?
- Seeking help from a person?
- Looking to file a bug report or a feature request?
- Interested in helping out?