Clone this wiki locally
Plugins (3rd party)
- Touch Plugin - support for touch devices (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Offline Plugin - support for working on documents while offline, using your browser's localStorage
- Annotator Wordpress plugin - installs and integrates the Annotator with your Wordpress site. (plugin source code)
- Categories Plugin - assign pre-defined categories to annotation and highlight each with different colors. (There is a pull request pending that is not yet fully integrated (waiting for tests)). This does not work with HEAD for now and requires a full check out of the fork (based on a slightly older fork). plugin source code
- Roundup Plugin - provide some integration with the Roundup ticket tracker . plugin source code
- Margin Viewer Plugin - to display annotations in the margins
- Heatmap Plugin - some heatmap related plugin
- Readmill Plugin - allows you to submit highlights and comments to Readmill
- Drupal module - A Drupal module that integrates Annotator with your Drupal site.
- Annotorious - a plugin that integrates the Annotorious image annotation library with Annotator
- lorestore Plugin - an alternate store plugin that provides compatibility with OpenAnnotation as implemented by lorestore
- Motivations Plugin - allows OA motivations to be attached to annotations
- Prov Plugin - displays OA provenance properties in annotation viewer
- Share-annotator - share text and video annotations using social networks or email
- Geolocation-annotator - set the current user position with HTML5 geolocation to the annotation
- richText-annotator - richText give you the possibility to add rich media (rich text, pictures, movies, sounds, ...) using Tinymce in your annotations
- Symfony-annotator - Symfony Bundle using Annotator and the Store plugin.
- tags-annotator - Allows you to set pre-determined tags with color differentiators as well as let the users input their own personal tags in a tokenized way.
- Panel Viewer Plugin - Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - Allows you to view the annotations in a panel in the right side. You can delete, expand, collapse the panel and find annotations.
- OpenVideoAnnotation - plugin to create annotations in video-js using annotator. Project in: openvideoannotation.org
- Annotator Validation Plugin - plugin to validate annotations in editor
- Histogram - Generates a histogram of annotation density in a document
- Filters - Provides a way to filter annotations by different fields (e.g., author, category, tag, etc.)
- CKEditor - Embeds CKEditor as the text editor for annotations
- annotator-store - the OKFN's reference implementation of the Annotator Store, used to run AnnotateIt
- roundup fork - provide some integration with the Roundup ticket tracker
- django-mongo-annotator - store based on Python, Django and MongoDB.
- annotator-fluidinfo - Fluidinfo store written in Perl, uses the Mojolicious and Net::Fluidinfo modules
- annotator-php - Annotator store built in PHP (Silex) and MongoDB
- annotator-store-lite - Another PHP implementation of a store, using SQLite; test-driven, Vagrant-ized
- Drupal module - Provides an Drupal based backend-store.
- MIT Annotation Data Store - An annotator-compatible data store written in Node.js + Express.js + MongoDB. Extended by @rsimon to accommodate the Annotorious image annotation plug-in.
- annotator store nodejs - Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - An annotator aplication with a nodejs, express.js, socket.io and back store in MySQL. Contains panel annotator plug-in (https://github.com/albertjuhe/annotator_view) and a new categorization plug-in.
- annotator-couchapp - Apache CouchDB and/or Cloudant-based Storage implementation.
- eXanore - an eXist-db library implementing the Annotator Storage API
Who's Using It
- Siyavula - for annotating textbooks
- PaperGrader.org - for annotating and grading academic papers
- AustESE - for annotations in the context of electronic scholarly editions
- Annotation Studio - an annotation tool for teaching and learning in the humanities, from MIT hyperstudio.
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - for annotating subjects.
- OpenVideoAnnotation - service for video annotations.
- edX platform - Annotation tools for teaching and learning.
- Lacuna - A social reading and annotation platform based on Drupal, developed by Stanford's Poetic Media Lab
If you'd like to contribute to the wiki you can do so using the GitHub interface or a better way is to check out the Wiki and modify it using a text editor. There's some basic instructions in the Gollum readme.