ANTz at a Glance!
ANTz visualization engine bridges bio-cybernetics, digital arts & data science.
Cyberspace breaths ultra-low-latency to create that liquid-real experience. Our core engine is a pseudo-state-machine, written from scratch in plain C to minimize latency, flow bandwidth and maximize processing power. It's rock-solid, forged through decades of hard work in live Visual FX, Machine Control and high-dimensional Data Analysis.
The Architecture is based on the Neural Physics Engine (NPE) implementation of Hyperglyphs. With a minimalist cross-platform approach, it's inherently adaptable and naturally future-proof. OpenGL is the greatest dependency, and even it could be substituted. The Native Scene Graph is basic to work with and uses standard DB tables or common CSV files.
Download unzip and simply run the 'antz' app.
- OSX requires authorizing the app in the System Preferences!
- Press '1' key to viz (in app) help docs.
- Click on a (3D glyph) doc object and press 'U' key to open it!
- Also, see the 'User-Commands' PDF in the apps 'doc' folder.
Tutorials - Videos, step-by-step guides and data wrangling examples in C or Python.
User Manual - Everything that nobody reads, a comprehensive reference.
- Help Docs - press '1' key
- 7viz - 7
Import & Export
- 3D Models
- CSV, JSON & MySQL
- Native Tables
- Architecture - ANTz core engine described with key concepts.
- Code Workflow - How to contribute, via git or email.
- Cross Platform Guide - Avoid platform dependency, it's a nasty habit!
- Code Style Guidelines - Keep your colleagues from going cross-eyed.
- Doxygen + Graphviz - Inline code comments that generate API docs.
- IDE Setup - Visual Studio, Xcode and Eclipse.
- Khronos Group - OpenGL, OpenCL, COLLADA
- freeglut - cross-platform application framework
- GLEW - GL extension wrangler
- Assimp - 3D model import
- FreeImage - image formats
- FreeType - font rendering
- MySQL - database connector
- curl - URL based data transfer
- Jannson - encode decode JSON
- oscpack - OSC networking
- python - scripting language
- AJA - reliable video IO with GPUdirect
- Blackmagic Design - affordable video IO
- intoPIX - ultra low latency JPEG2000 FPGA core
- nVidia - low latency GPUdirect with Quadro series or AGX
- Violin Systems - AV compliant SSA (Flash Storage)
- 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse
- zSpace desktop VR
Disclaimer: Hardware libraries often need to be obtained directly from the vendor. Also, you may need to get 'NON-public' ANTz source code by contacting us.