Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
A Company Limited by Guarantee in Australia must at least
- Have at least 3 directors and 1 secretary;
- Have at least 1 member;
- Have a registered office address and principal place of business located in Australia;
- Have its registered office open and accessible to the public;
- Be internally managed by a Constitution or Replaceable rules;
- Maintain a register of its members;
- Keep a record of all directors' and members' meeting minutes and resolutions;
- Appoint a registered company auditor within 1 month of its registration;
- Keep proper financial records
- Prepare, have audited and lodge financial statements and reports at the end of every financial year;
- Send to its members a copy of its financial statements and reports, unless the member has a standing arrangement with the company not to receive them;
- Hold an Annual General Meeting once every calendar year within 5 months of the end of its financial year;
- Receive and review an annual company statement and pay an annual review fee. A charitable or not-for-profit company may be eligible for a reduced annual review fee if it meets the criteria under the definition of 'special purpose company' in regulation 3(a), (b), (c) or (d) of the Corporations (Review Fees) Regulations 2003; and
- Lodge notices whenever changes to its officeholders, office addresses, constitution and its name occur within specified timeframes as determined by the Corporations Act 2001. As a general guide please refer to "Legal obligations of a company" on our website at www.asic.gov.au/companies for more information.
- requires the company to pursue charitable purposes only and to apply its income promoting those purposes; and
- prohibits the company making distributions to its members and paying fees to its directors; and
- requires the directors to approve all other payments the company makes to directors.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.