Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Opencaching.PL - the official project homepage
Brief introduction in Polish
Jeśli zawsze chciałeś zajrzeć w kod źródłowy którejś ze stron Opencaching.PL, ale nie bardzo wiedziałeś jak, to dobrze trafiłeś.
- Instrukcja instalacji serwera deweloperskiego, czyli jak uruchomić własny serwer OC w 10 minut,
- Kod źródłowy - dokładna kopia kodu, który działa w tym momencie na http://opencaching.pl/ (i paru innych domenach),
- Zapoznaj się z wprowadzeniem do kodu OCPL (dokument niestety jest średnio świeży!).
- Jak przesłać swoje poprawki?
Brief introduction in English
This is the source code of Opencaching.PL site (and some others, set up on different domains). Opencaching.PL is one of the branches of the "OpenCaching National Sites" project. There are two main "branches" of this project:
Opencaching.PL branch - https://github.com/opencaching/opencaching-pl
- Branched from Opencaching.DE very long time ago, the two branches went their separate ways. If you're wondering which one to adopt, it is up to you to choose one.
- Deployed at multiple servers, each one of them connected to a separate domain.
- Some of these sites are always up-to-date (there's a postcommit script connected to the repository): opencaching.pl, opencaching.nl, opencaching.ro... (this list is apt to grow)
- Some other sites use older copies of the code (e.g. opencaching.org.uk and opencaching.us).
- If other nodes would like to use it, we encourage you to try. However, it is NOT a travial task to add support for other languages into OCPL code. We may give you access to our repository if you'd like to internationalize it, but be warned - there's some work to be done here!
Opencaching.DE branch - https://github.com/OpencachingDeutschland/oc-server3
- The up-to-date version is deployed on a single server which is connected to three domains (opencaching.de, opencaching.it, opencachingspain.es); that is, all those three sites run on one server (and one codebase and database),
- There are also some other domains which have branched from OCDE, but they haven't been updated for some time - opencachind.se/no (one site).
- Well, there is also the OpenCaching.CZ site, which uses the VERY old code. It has branched from OCDE even before OCPL did. As far as we know, it has not been much developed since.
Both of these primary branches are using the same public API (called OKAPI, see http://opencaching.pl/okapi/).
There's a virtual machine with the running instance of OCPL code. It can used by the developers to verify their changes before commit.
Some of our developers are not fluid in English, therefore most of this document will also remain in Polish, to encourage our local development. We encourage our developers to use English wherever they can (Git log messages and the code itself). Contact us (rt at opencaching.pl) if you need any information.