Wordpress module for OpenCATS
*coded by UltraSimplified, all questions to RussH
- In GitHub, click the green "Clone or Download" button and then click Download ZIP.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file.
- Upload the /wp-opencats folder to the /plugins folder on your Wordpress installation.
- In the Wordpress Dashboard, go to the Plugins screen. You should see the OpenCATS plugin listed.
- Click Activate below the OpenCATS plugin.
- In the Wordpress Dashboard, under the Settings heading, click on the OpenCATS heading.
- Enter the required information.
- Add the "[jobs]" shortcode to a page (without the quotes) to display a list of open jobs and/or add the PHP code used in the example jobs-templates.zip file.
Q. After installation in a vanilla wordpress then when you click "read more" to present the complete vacancy the link doesn't work. Nothing happens
A. Create a page in the root of your website called job Job and then give it a custom template with a function call to display the listings. I have included samples of the files in job-templates.zip - they are literally WordPress TwentyTwelve templates with the function calls in them.
- Alternatively, from scratch please edit the page and create a custom template including this line:
<?php opencats_job_details( $job_id ); ?>
That should then display all the job details properly
The plugin was updated to use a shortcode for jobs listing. To display a list of open positions, just use the shortcode "[jobs]" (without quotes.
The plugin could be further improved by creating its own job page when it is first activated. It would be better if OpenCATS exposed the jobs listing / details through an API as well, instead of through a database connection.. but that depends on a significant change to the OpenCATS codebase.