Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
Following features were added/improved from the previous released version (Climsoft Version 4.1.3):
- Fixes the issue of user connections,especially when more than 8 users are connecting to the database at the same time;
- Graphics capability for data analysis included (Time Series and Histograms);
- Improvement on Data Entry Forms and Double Data Entry;
- Improvement on the sequencer and Climate Products.
Following features were added to the previous released version (Climsoft Version 4.1.2):
- Climsoft Help documentation within the software;
- Caribbean synoptic data entry form for many elements for one observation time.
By clicking on the help button on any given Climsoft dialog, users are getting more information and help to understand better the dialog function.
Following areas of Climsoft Version 4.1.1 were enhanced in Climsoft Version 4.1.2 :
- Data Entry Forms;
- Quality Control; and
- Data Transfer (CLICOM Hourly and Synop data transfer into Climsoft Version 4 is now possible in addition to CLICOM Daily).
Climsoft Version 4.1.1 release fixes small issues observed in Climsoft Version 4.1 released:
- Fix a bug on the Station Metadata dialog;
- Fix the issue of Tab Key Order on both Daily2 and Monthly Data Entry forms; and
- Fix the issue of data loss on form monthly.
Note: If you have already installed Climsoft version 4.1 on your system, you are advised to download and install the upgrade version only on your system (i.e. ClimsoftV4.1.1_upgrade.exe).
ImportantSee above the Installer and User Manual for Climsoft Version 4. We strongly advise you to install the latest setup (executable) for bit 32 on Computers with 32 bit Operating System (OS) and the installer for bit 64 on Computers with 64 bit Operating System. If you have already installed the previous released version of Climsoft version 4 (e.g. V4.1),you don't need to install the full version again but rather to upgrade to the latest version (e.g. V4.1.1),in this case, you are advised to download and install the upgrade version on your system.
Capabilities of Climsoft Version 4Capabilities of Climsoft Version 4.1, Climate Data Management System (CDMS) that make it suitable for use in many National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHS) are:
Climsoft is a free climate Data Management System (CDMS) built on the freely available open source tools such as Visual Studio, MySQL/MARIADB making it less costly to implement and maintain. After the initial training, users are able to continuously support Climsoft operations on their own;
Climsoft can be implemented in a standalone computer at the observatory as well as in the server at the centralized database at the NMHS headquarters. It therefore allows connectivity between the observatories and the remote database server thereby facilitating data digitization right from the source. It works very well in a multi-user environment allowing many users to access the centralized climate database concurrently for different operations;
3. User Management, Operations Monitoring and Quality of Data
Secure security access levels is guaranteed. It is easy to monitor data entered by different users, set a target for users to achieve and evaluate user work performance through Climsoft. It has got an elaborate key entry and post Key entry Quality Control (QC) functions;
4. Ingestion of data from Automatic Weather Station (AWS)
Climsoft automatically ingests data from Automatic Weather Stations (AWSs) on real time basis thereby making those observations to be available for weather forecasting purposes;
5. Data files Import and Export
Data files of different formats can be easily imported into Climsoft. It can exports data in formats ready for use by many climate applications that include RCLIMDEX, CPT, GEOCLIM, INSTAT, ENACTS, etc.;
6. Message Encoding and Forwarding to Global Telecommunication System (GTS)
Climsoft encodes observations into weather messages according the WMO standards of Table Driven Code Forms (TDCF). It is capable of forwarding those encoded messages to the WMO GTS network;
7. Management of images of paper records (paper archives) in support of Data Rescue (DARE)
Images of paper records can be stores and retrieved on the fly to facilitate immediate checking of key in data against the handwritten observation paper records;
8. Climate Products
Climsoft produces the standard WMO climate products from the archived and quality controlled data. It has got an improved way of presenting climate data products. Climsoft data inventory function is good and advanced (Ability to inventory available and missing data in both spreadsheet and graphical format);
9. Linkage to R - Instat Climate Analysis Tool
Climsoft interrogate very well with R - Instat to produce variety of climate summaries and reports (including wind rose, time series plots, trend analysis graphs, calculations of the start/ends of rain, length of the season, spell length (dry/wet), Data Inventory graphs, spatial distribution maps, Examine trend and quantify the evidence of climate change (global warming), rainfall variability.
10. Technical Support and Software Maintenance
It is very easy and cheaper to get technical support, software maintenance and training.
See also:User Feedback Stages