This site is primarily for developers. If you are not a developer, please visit https://opendatakit.org/
Open Data Kit (ODK) is a free and open-source set tools which help organizations author, field, and manage mobile data collection solutions. ODK provides an out-of-the-box solution for users to:
- Build a data collection form or survey;
- Collect the data on a mobile device and send it to a server; and
- Aggregate the collected data on a server and extract it in useful formats.
In addition to socio-economic and health surveys with GPS locations and images, ODK is being used to create decision support for clinicians and for building multimedia-rich nature mapping tools. See featured deployments and list of tools for more examples of what the ODK community is doing. We welcome and encourage participation from the user community.
Downloads of the tools are available at Downloads.
Thanks for these organizations for generously donating their software to the ODK committers
- JetBrains for their capable and ergonomic IDE, IntelliJ IDEA
- Bitrock for their powerful and easy to use cross platform installer creation tool, InstallBuilder
- CircleCI for their continuous integration and delivery tools
- YourKit for their full-featured Java memory profiler, YourKit Java Profiler
- Sentry for their open-source error tracking tools
- Qloudstat for analytics & monitoring of logs in AWS