DevShop allows you to password protect your sites with an "HTTP Password".
This prevents anyone (including search engines) from accessing any page unless they know the password.
Adding a Password to an Environment
To add a HTTP Password to an environment:
- Visit the Project Dashboard.
- Click an environment's Environment Settings icon icon.
- Click Environment Settings.
- Scroll toward the bottom of the form.
- Look for the section HTTP Basic Authentication.
- Enter a username and password, and a message if you wish.
- Click "Save".
- Wait for the environment to complete verification.
- Visit the site and confirm that the browser asks you for a username and password.
Removing a Password from an Environment
To remove the password, simply empty the "username" and "password" fields from the environment settings form.