Yarely is a modular, extensible digital signage player currently designed to run only on macOS. The player supports a wide range of content types (e.g. images, videos and web content) that are displayed according to a schedule and set of constraints specified by the user. The player also supports external triggering of content through web sockets to enable applications such as display personalisation.
- GitHub repo: https://github.com/opendisplays/yarely/
- Documentation: https://yarely.readthedocs.io.
- Free software: Apache Software License 2.0
Details of design and implementation of Yarely and associated components can be found in the following publications:
- Yarely: a software player for open pervasive display networks
- Are You Feeling Lucky?: Lottery-based Scheduling for Public Displays
- Supporting user appropriation of public displays
Mac OS X (>=10.6):