A local transform for Maltego which makes use of the Investigate API by OpenDNS
- Install Python. This transform was developed and tested with Python 2.7
- Install the requests Python library.
- Download and install the commercial version of Maltego.
- Clone this repository to a local directory (referred to as the 'working directory' in Maltego parlance).
- Obtain an OpenDNS Investigate API key.
- Place the API key in the OpenDNStransform.py file.
- Import OpenDNS-config-carbon.mtz as a Maltego configuration file
- Set the working directory of each transform (which should be set to /opt/maltego/opendns_transform by default) to the working directory from step 1.
- Ensure each transform has the proper Python path.
- OpenDNS transforms work on Domain, IP, Email, and Hash entities. Before running a transform on an NSrecord entity, change that entity's type to IPv4Address.
- OpenDNS transforms produce Domain, IPv4Address, NSRecord, Email, Hash, and AS entity types.
- Some OpenDNS transforms (like domain-to-ips and ip-to-domains) potentially return a large number of entities
- be patient, the transform has to receive all data from the API before it draws it in Maltego
- be aware of the maximum number of results (entities/nodes) allowed on your graph (12, 50, 255, 10k)