Firmware for OpenEVSE controller used in OpenEnergyMonitor EmonEVSE units sold in (UK/EU) via the OpenEnergyMonitor store. In collaboration with OpenEVSE.
Based on OpenEVSE: Open Source Hardware J1772 Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
Changes by OpenEnergyMonitor:
AUTOSVCLEVEL(autodetection is designed for split-phase)
- Charging level default to
MAX_CURRENT_CAPACITY_L2 32(limit for single-phase charging in UK/EU)
- Add '.EU' to version number
- Enable LCD Redraw every couple of min (required for EMC/CE)
EmonEVSE (non-tethered type-2 EVSE unit)
PP_AUTO_AMPACITYenabled to set max current based on non-tethered cable connected
- Three-phase option with
THREEPHASEenabled to calculate three-phase energy
- WIFI API: http://github.com/openevse/ESP32_WiFi_V3.x/
- RAPI API: https://github.com/openenergymonitor/open_evse/blob/master/firmware/open_evse/rapi_proc.h
Firmware compile & upload help: firmware/open_evse/LoadingFirmware.md
- Working versions of the required libraries are included with the firmware code. This avoids potential issues related to using the wrong versions of the libraries.
- Highly recommend using the tested pre-compiled firmware (see releases page)
Flash pre-compiled using avrdude:
$ avrdude -p atmega328p -B6 -c usbasp -P usb -e -U flash:w:firmware.hex
ISP programmer required e.g USBASP
Set AVR fuses
This only needs to be done once in the factory
avrdude -c USBasp -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m -U hfuse:w:0xDF:m -U efuse:w:0xFD:m -B6
If writing eFuse fails ISBasp may need a firmware update
Open EVSE is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option)
any later version.
Open EVSE is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with Open EVSE; see the file COPYING. If not, write to the
Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
* Open EVSE is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.