The OpenEuropa Initiative
OpenEuropa is a Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT) initiative aiming at strengthening the adoption of open source tools and practices in consolidating the European Institutions' web presence.
In order to achieve such a goal the OpenEuropa Initiative will focus on the following activities:
- Build, maintain and release loosely-coupled, reusable software components, licensed under EUPL-1.2.
- Build, maintain and release fully-fledged solutions for the European Institutions.
- Provide a high-level architecture overview of web-related information systems.
- Establish reusable technical governance guidelines.
- Contribute back to upstream open source projects.
For more information please check:
- OpenEuropa initiative
- OpenEuropa components
- Before you start
- Automated testing