Open Beauty Facts
meta project for Open Beauty Facts.
For the sofware powering it (common to Open Food Facts and Open Beauty Facts, see https://github.com/openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-server).
What is Open Beauty Facts
A cosmetic products database
Open Beauty Facts is a database of cosmetic products with ingredients, allergens… and all the tidbits of information we can find on product labels.
Made by everyone
Open Beauty Facts is a non-profit association of volunteers. 4800+ contributors like you have added 100 000+ products from 170 countries using our Android, iPhone or Windows Phone app or their camera to scan barcodes and upload pictures of products and their labels.
Data about cosmetics is of public interest and has to be open. The complete database is published as open data and can be reused by anyone and for any use. Check-out the cool reuses or make your own!
Come scan with us!
Open Beauty Facts needs contributors for documentation, bug triaging, code, feedbacks… We need Perl volunteers for new features, test writing, debugging, refactoring.
Discovering Open Beauty Facts & contributing products###
- Install the Open Food Facts app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.openbeautyfacts.scanner - Help us make it available on iOS)
- Visit the web version for your country (http://world.openbeautyfacts.org)
- Visit the wiki (http://en.wiki.openbeautyfacts.org)
Translate and adapt Open Beauty Facts in your language
Delving into the code
- Please see the Product Opener documentation at http://en.wiki.openfoodfacts.org/Project:ProductOpener
How to start contributing
- Feel free to join us on Slack at http://slack.openfoodfacts.org in the channels: #openbeautyfacts #productopener #dev
- If you're looking for the API, look at http://en.wiki.openfoodfacts.org/API (there are OBF specific sections)