Approving a test
The processing for approving a test is as follows:
We need 3 early implementations or 1 early implementation and test has been long enough in the beta validation website.
Process (per conformance class): (Copy this list in a new issue (label:approval-of-test to monitor the status of a test)
- 1. Release in beta
- Move to Status "In Beta"
2. Check Quality
- check that conformance classes match (exact names form the specification)
- confirm the correct version of the specification that the test represents. In particular check for corrigenda versions. Needs to be clarified in the welcome page of the test
- check that there is at list one core test
- if possible check that there is a unit case for each conformance class that test failing
- get confirmation from test lead that the test is ready
Send email to OGC staff to update the implementation portal to:
- add the test and conformance classes
- mark the test as "Test in Beta"
- enable submissions for early implementers
- Move to Status "Looking for Implementers"
3. Get early implementers (At least 3 or one if the test has been long enough in beta)
- 3.1 Notify the registered implementers
- 3.2 Notify the SWG
- 3.3 Promote in OGC newsletter
- 3.4 Promote in socially media
- Move to status "in Review by TC"
- 4. Notify CITE SC (2 weeks)
- 5. Notify TC chair for TC approval
- 6. Check that Vote is in process
- Move to status "Approved - Moving to Production"
- Once the test is approved move to production
7. Move to production
- Update version to 1.0
- Update status to "Final"
- Check that OGC submission portal status of the test is not ("Test in Beta")
- social media
- 7. Move to production
- Move to status "Closed"