This app is a native client for openHAB which allows easy access to your sitemaps.
- Control your openHAB server and openHAB Cloud instance
- Receive notifications from openHAB Cloud
- Change items via NFC tags
- Send voice commands to openHAB
- Discover devices and add them as items
- Supports wall mounted tablets
strings.xml files at mobile/src/*/res/values-*/
All language/regional translations are managed with Crowdin.
Please do NOT contribute translations as pull requests against the
mobile/src/*/res/values-*/strings.xml files directly, but submit them through the Crowdin web service:
Thanks for your consideration and contribution!
Setting up development environment
If you want to contribute to Android application we are here to help you to set up development environment. openHAB client for Android is developed using Android Studio and also can be build with maven.
- Download and install Android Studio Android -> SDK Manager
- Check out the latest code from Github via Android Studio
- Install SDKs and Gradle if you get asked
- Click on "Build Variants" on the left side and change the build variant of the module "mobile" to fullDebug
You are ready to contribute!
Before producing any amount of code please have a look at contribution guidelines
An optional build flavor "foss" is available for distribution through F-Droid. This build has map view, GCM and crash reporting removed and will not be able to receive push notifications from openHAB Cloud.
For using map view support in the "full" build flavor, you need to visit the Maps API page and generate an API key via the 'Get a key' button at the top. Then add a line in the following format to the 'gradle.properties' file (either in the same directory as this readme file, or in $HOME/.gradle):
<key> with the API key you just obtained.
Product names, logos, brands and other trademarks referred to within the openHAB website are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with openHAB or our website. They do not sponsor or endorse our materials.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.