Join GitHub today
Documentation of the CometVisu Backend
This adds a backend for the web based visualization CometVisu (http://www.cometvisu.org). The CometVisu is a highly customizable visualization, that runs in any browser. Despite the existing browser based UI´s in openHAB, the CometVisu does not read the sitemaps. The layout is defined with an XML-based configuration file.
This is just a short overview, more details will be added soon!
- openHAB 1.4 or greater
Note: The latest version can be downloaded from here
- CometVisu 0.8.0 or greater (https://github.com/CometVisu/CometVisu/releases).
It might be useful (but not recommended!) to work with the latest Git version of CometVisu as well.
Please note that this is the development version of the CometVisu, which might be broken. It is not recommended to use this unless you know what you are doing!
On a Raspberry Pi, the installation of the Git version works like this:
- Installation of subversion on the RasPi:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install subversion
- Download of the CometVisu Git
Assumptions: openHAB is installed in the directory openHAB, CometVisu is located in webapps/cometVISU
svn co https://github.com/CometVisu/CometVisu/trunk/src/ cometVISU
- For an update later on you just need to do this
svn update cometVISU
Note: This information ist taken from here. As long as the PHP runtime is not available (see Known Problems), the chmod described there is not required.
- Copy the addon org.openhab.io.cv*.jar from the addon packet to the openHAB addon folder
- Then just extract the "release" folder (the one which contains the index.html file) of the downloaded CometVisu archive in openHAB's webapps folder and rename it to, e.g. cometVISU.
If you don´t use the given example below, please make sure that you correctly configure openHAB as backend in the CometVisu-Config by adding
backend="oh" to the root pages-element.
<pages backend="oh" lib_version="8" design="metal" screensave_page="Übersicht" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../visu_config.xsd">
This is a first small sample implementation. Actually only the items below are used in the example config:
Please feel free to add more items. Other possible item types are:
Some basic examples:
- ColorItem (supported since CometVisu-Release 0.8.2) => ` Color ITEM_NAME
Please note: You have to add the colorchooser plugin in the meta>plugins section of you config
Some parts of the CometVisu need a PHP runtime. As this is not included in Jetty, the following parts do not work:
- Configuration check
- Configuration upgrade (only needed if you upgrade your CometVisu to a new release)
Currently the only workaround is to build, edit and maintain your CometVisu configuration manually with an XML editor of your choice.
If you get an 403 - Access Denied error, when you try to open the cometVISU in your browser you have not copied the correct release folder into the webapps/cometVISU/ folder. Please check if there is a subfolder with the exact name "release/", which contains an index.html file and copy the content of this folder in your webapps/cometVISU/ folder.
Screenshots are available here: http://www.cometvisu.org/wiki/CometVisu
- German CometVisu Support Forum: http://knx-user-forum.de/forum/supportforen/cometvisu
- User documentation for the CometVisu: http://www.cometvisu.org/
- GitHub project page of the CometVisu: https://github.com/CometVisu/CometVisu