The OpenID Connect stack you'll be addicted to.
OpenIddict aims at providing a versatile solution to implement an OpenID Connect server and token validation in any ASP.NET Core 2.1, 3.1 and 5.0 application, and starting in OpenIddict 3.0, any ASP.NET 4.x application using Microsoft.Owin too.
I want something simple and easy to configure
Developers looking for a simple and turnkey solution are strongly encouraged to use OrchardCore and its OpenID module, which is based on OpenIddict, comes with sensible defaults and offers a built-in management GUI to easily register OpenID client applications.
To implement a custom OpenID Connect server using OpenIddict, read Getting started.
|Web framework version||.NET runtime version||OpenIddict 2.0
|ASP.NET Core 2.1||.NET Framework 4.6.1|
|ASP.NET Core 2.1||.NET Framework 4.7.2|
|ASP.NET Core 2.1||.NET Framework 4.8|
|ASP.NET Core 2.1||.NET Core 2.1|
|ASP.NET Core 3.1||.NET Core 3.1|
|ASP.NET Core 5.0||.NET 5.0|
|Microsoft.Owin 4.1||.NET Framework 4.6.1|
|Microsoft.Owin 4.1||.NET Framework 4.7.2|
|Microsoft.Owin 4.1||.NET Framework 4.8|
- X.509 development encryption/signing certificates: calling
AddDevelopmentSigningCertificate()will result in a
PlatformNotSupportedExceptionbeing thrown at runtime if no valid development certificate can be found and a new one must be generated.
- X.509 ECDSA signing certificates/keys: calling
AddSigningKey()with an ECDSA certificate/key will always result in a
PlatformNotSupportedExceptionbeing thrown at runtime.
Looking for additional resources to help you get started with 3.0? Don't miss these interesting blog posts:
- OpenIddict 3.0 general availability by Kévin Chalet
- Setting up an Authorization Server with OpenIddict by Robin van der Knaap
- Introducing OpenIddict 3.0's first release candidate version by Kévin Chalet
- OpenIddict 3.0 beta6 is out by Kévin Chalet
- Introducing Quartz.NET support and new languages in OpenIddict 3.0 beta4 by Kévin Chalet
- Introducing localization support in OpenIddict 3.0 beta3 by Kévin Chalet
- OpenIddict 3.0 beta2 is out by Kévin Chalet
- Introducing OpenIddict 3.0 beta1 by Kévin Chalet
- Adding OpenIddict 3.0 to an OWIN application by Kévin Chalet
- Creating an OpenID Connect server proxy with OpenIddict 3.0's degraded mode by Kévin Chalet
OpenIddict-based projects maintained by third parties:
- OrchardCore OpenID module: turnkey OpenID Connect server and token validation solution, built with multitenancy in mind
- OpenIddict UI by Thomas Duft: headless UI for managing client applications and scopes
- P41.OpenIddict.CouchDB by Panos Athanasiou: CouchDB stores for OpenIddict
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately by emailing email@example.com. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message.
If you need support, please make sure you sponsor the project before creating a GitHub ticket. If you're not a sponsor, you can post your questions on Gitter or StackOverflow:
- Gitter: https://gitter.im/openiddict/openiddict-core
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openiddict
If you want to try out the latest features and bug fixes, there is a MyGet feed with nightly builds of OpenIddict.
To reference the OpenIddict MyGet feed, create a
NuGet.config file (at the root of your solution):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <packageSources> <add key="nuget" value="https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json" /> <add key="openiddict" value="https://www.myget.org/F/openiddict/api/v3/index.json" /> </packageSources> </configuration>
OpenIddict is actively maintained by Kévin Chalet. Contributions are welcome and can be submitted using pull requests.
Special thanks to our sponsors for their incredible support:
- Sébastien Ros
- Dovydas Navickas
- Christian Schmitt
- Thomas W
- Lewis Cianci
- Florian Wachs
- Vasko Poposki
- Sebastian Stehle
- Michael Hochriegl
- Communicatie Cockpit
- Keith Turner
This project is licensed under the Apache License. This means that you can use, modify and distribute it freely. See http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html for more details.