Code of Conduct
The OpenJS Foundation and its member projects use Contributor Covenant v2.0 as their code of conduct. The full text is included below in English, and translations are available on the Contributor Covenant website.
All recipients of reports commit to:
- maintain the confidentiality with regard to the reporter and victim of an incident
- participate in the path for escalation as outlined in the section on Escalation when required
Report an issue in a project
- To report an issue in one of the projects listed below, please use the method provided. The project itself is responsible for managing these reports.
- AMP Project: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appium: email maintainers
- Electron: email@example.com
- Express.js: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fastify: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HospitalRun: email@example.com
- LoopBack firstname.lastname@example.org
- Node.js: email@example.com
- Node-RED: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webdriver.io: contact TSC reps
- Webhint: email@example.com
- For every other OpenJS Foundation project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Cross Project Council (CPC) is responsible for managing these reports.
Report an issue in a space managed by the foundation
For reporting issues in spaces managed by the OpenJS Foundation, for example, repositories within the OpenJS organization or an live event such as a conferences, email email@example.com. The Cross Project Council (CPC) is responsible for managing these reports.
Escalate an issue
The OpenJS Foundation maintains a Code of Conduct Panel (CoCP). This is a foundation-wide team established to manage escalation when a reporter believes that a report to a member project or the CPC has not been properly handled.
In order to escalate to the CoCP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, refer to the full Code of Conduct governance document.
Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct v2.0, from commit 8001bf8
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Community leaders are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to the community leaders responsible for enforcement at the email addresses listed above in the Reporting and Escalation sections. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly.
All community leaders are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
Community leaders will follow these Community Impact Guidelines in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private, written warning from community leaders, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
3. Temporary Ban
Community Impact: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
4. Permanent Ban
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the project community.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.0, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html.
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla's code of conduct enforcement ladder.
For answers to common questions about this code of conduct, see the FAQ at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/faq. Translations are available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/translations.