The Open Data Platform Installer (ODPI) will allow any non-technical folks to get a customized collection of Open Data applications up and running on Windows Azure by filling out a few details.
- Download the ODPI Blob Files archive.
- If you don't have an Azure Storage account yet, create one.
- In your Azure Storage account, create a container named "components" in the blob storage.
- Uncompress the zip archive downloaded step 1 and upload all the files to the components container of your blob storage.
- Open Visual Studio 2012 with administrator privileges.
- Under ODPI.Cloud/Roles, open the ODPI role and go to the settings tab.
- Now replace [StorageName] and [StorageKey] by your the credentials of your Azure Storage account containing your blob files.
- Resolve all references errors using NuGet package manager.
- You can now "package" and deploy your ODPI solution to Azure Cloud Services.