The role of the Techincal Advisory Council (TAC) is to direct and coordinate the activities of the technical community. It's voting members are comprised of the Platinum members of the Open Mainframe Project, along with the leaders of each project designated as a top-level project by the TAC.
Any member of the Open Mainframe Project committee may participate in TAC meetings or activities. You can subscribe and view the archives of the technical discussions at https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/g/omp-technical
Voting TAC Members
- Phil Tully, ADP (Chairperson)
- Gregory MacKinnon, CA Technologies
- Enyu Wang, IBM
- Jean-Philippe Linardon, Rocket Software
- Mark Post, SUSE
- Bob Dahlberg, Virginia Commonwealth University ( Project Lead - Internship Program )
- James Caffrey, IBM ( Project Lead - ADE )
- Matt Hogstrom ( Project LEad - Zowe )
- Ingo Adlung, IBM ( CTO, non-voting member )
Open Mainframe Project TAC is a resource for open source projects supporting or looking to support mainframe, as well as a home for open source projects specifically targetting the mainframe. The TAC ensures that projects targeting the mainframe have the support they need to be successful, with flexability on governance and licensing to ensure the community can operate and grow successfully.
Below are some of the projects supported by the TAC, listed by project stage.
|Atom language syntax highlighting for z/VM|
|Cloudstack on z/VM|
The processes and policies for the TAC to manage incoming projects and project stages to be hosted by the Open Mainframe Project, as well as guidelines for projects, are in the process section.
There are many more mainframe-centric open source projects than what is hosted at Open Mainframe Project; check out the list and add any we are missing at the Open Mainframe Project Landscape
Meetings are scheduled the second Thursday of each month at 1pm ET and are open to anyone interested in participating in the project.
Conference call details
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/290221938
- iPhone one-tap: US: +16465588656,,290221938# or +16699006833,,290221938# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) Meeting ID: 290 221 938 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=4ywiZErrEEDIHL6VXNjfZ-PXcfjeWMjs