OpenOakland is a volunteer organization, part Code for America's brigade network, that exists to bridge technology and community for a thriving and equitable Oakland. This project is OpenOakland’s website. openoakland.org is a place for volunteers, leaders, community members, and anyone interested in the organization to learn more about us and find resources.
- The site is a static Jekyll site.
- We use Bootstrap as our CSS framework, in addition to some custom Sass.
- Automatic builds and deploys are handled by CircleCI.
- The site is hosted on AWS.
- See more information in the Deployment section of our Contributing doc.
How to Contribute
- Join the team! OpenOakland meets every Tuesday night in Oakland City Hall.
- Join us on slack on the #oo-website channel.
- Open an issue, or comment on an existing one.
- Clone the repo, run the site locally, create a branch, and get to work on any open issue. See contributing.md for full details.
Additional Project Information
Get in touch on OpenOakland’s slack at #oo-website. You can reach Alison at alison [at] openeoakland [dot] org.