OpenOakland, an all-volunteer brigade of Code for America's brigade network, bridges technology and community for a thriving and equitable Oakland. This project is OpenOakland’s website. openoakland.org is a place for volunteers, leaders, community members, and anyone interested in the organization to learn more about us and find resources.
- The site is a static Jekyll site.
- We use Bootstrap as our CSS framework, in addition to some custom Sass.
- Automatic builds and deploys are handled by CircleCI.
- The site is hosted on AWS.
- See more information in the Deployment section of our Contributing doc.
How to Contribute
- Join the team! OpenOakland meets every Tuesday night (currently on Zoom during the pandemic, usually in Oakland City Hall).
- Join us on Slack in the #project-oo-website channel.
- Open an issue, or comment on an existing one.
- Clone the repo, run the site locally, create a branch, and get to work on any open issue. See contributing.md for full details.
Additional Project Information
Get in touch on OpenOakland’s Slack at #oo-project-website. You can reach Jess, our Communications Lead at jess [at] openoakland [dot] org.