West Oakland Air Quality (WOAQ) is a project of OpenOakland focused on building digital advocacy tools around air quality data collected by volunteers and citizen scientists.
WOAQ partners with West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project (WOEIP), a community-based environmental justice organization that has been collecting air quality data for over a decade. WOEIP is dedicated to achieving healthy homes, healthy jobs and healthy neighborhoods for all who live, work, learn and play in West Oakland, California.
- Code of conduct and values
- Quickstart for developers
- Contributing as a non-developer
- Project documentation
Code of conduct and values
Quickstart for developers
git clone https://github.com/openoakland/woeip.git cd woeip docker-compose up -d --build
- woaq-proxy: nginx-proxy, ssl-autogen
- woaq-web: typescript, react, razzle, semantic UI
- woaq-api: python, django-rest-framework
- woaq-db: postgis
You can now open your web browser and access the services at the following lvh domains:
- Homepage: lvh.me
Code Quality Checks
Follow testing and linting instructions in the Pull Request Template
Contributing as a non-developer
Design & research options
We use Trello for project management:
- Review and add a comment to any light blue “Design & Research” card currently sitting in the In QA column. Or;
- Grab any card tagged with the light blue “Design & Research” label in the Ready to Work On column and get started.
Data science/analysis options
We use Trello to document and discuss data decisions:
- Review and add a comment to any yellow “Data Q” card currently sitting in the Qs About Data Analysis column. Or;
- Add a new yellow “Data Q” card to the Qs About Data Analysis column for any new questions you think of that might be important to answer.
- Email: email@example.com
- Slack: #WOAQ channel (complete this form for access)
- In person: Join us Tuesday evenings at Oakland City Hall.