Shareabouts is a simple web app for crowdsourced mapping.
Shareabouts is intended to be customized. For example, you could use it to collect public input on suitable locations for stations in a city-wide bike share.
The project is open source, and we welcome your involvement.
Requirements and a setup guide are located at the Shareabouts wiki.
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by joining our developers discussion list
- by taking a look at our pipeline in the public tracker
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing patches