Shareabouts is an online mapping tool to gather crowdsourced public input in a social and engaging process. Using Shareabouts, people can drop a pin on a map to provide ideas, suggestions, and comments for planning and design issues. And as a mobile-friendly application, Shareabouts makes it easy to add input on the go.
Read more about Shareabouts and find links to recent sites on the OpenPlans website.
Problems? Ideas? Let us know!
We strongly welcome your feature suggestions. Check out our roadmap and help us with prioritizing by commenting on the features you'd like to see. If you encounted a bug, create an issue on this GitHub repo.
If you have questions for the development team,
- community.openplans.org is a good starting point for troubleshooting or questions, or just to share your Shareabouts stories
- you'll find the Shareabouts team in #shareabouts on irc.freenode.net.
- hit us up on Twitter @OpenPlans
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our documentation is is our
doc directory. Use it to learn more about:
- the architecture
- local setup
- testing the source
- interface configuration
- custom themes
- how to deploy
- upgrading from an older version
Where is Sharabouts going? Check our roadmap for details of possble future features we've identified.
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by joining our developers discussion list: http://groups.google.com/group/shareabouts-dev
- by taking a look at our pipeline in the public tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/398973
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing patches
Shareabouts is a project of OpenPlans.