Shareabouts is a simple web app for crowdsourced mapping. We're in very early stages right now, so expect many rough edges.
Shareabouts is intended for simple mapping applications. For example, you could use it to collect public input on suitable locations for stations in a city-wide bike share.
The project is open source, and we welcome your involvement.
Requirements and a setup guide are located at doc/README_FOR_APP.
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by joining our developers discussion list: http://groups.google.com/group/shareabouts-dev
- by taking a look at our pipeline in the public tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/398973
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing patches