San Diego Playgrounds and Parks
Table of contents
- Similar projects
Develop an app that a young mother could open on her smartphone and see the location of a city park close to her for her and her children to go to.
- Prototype goal: web map showing family friendly parks and playgrounds in San Diego County
- Secondary goal: crowd-source locations
- Secondary goal: allow users to provide feedback
- Park data from SanGIS (polygons)
- Parks in OpenStreetMap (polygon and points)
- leisure=playground tag on OSM wiki
- playground=* key on OSM wiki
- Sample Leafleft map from Overpass generated data
- Playgrounds interpreted from Bing/USGS imagery (points)
This project was generated with the Yeoman webapp generator version 1.0.1.
Clone or fork this repository and ensure the following tools are available:
Enter your local copy's directory, run
npm install then
bower install. Grab some coffee
NPM will install Grunt task runners and dependencies. Bower will install Bootstrap, Chai, jQuery, Leaflet, Mocha, and Modernizr. All of these files will be stored in your project folder under
node_modules/ and are referenced automatically in your project. Do not modify these directories. Note: These directories are not included in Git, and are excluded via
To add dependencies,
bower install --save [package] then
grunt wiredep to ensure the dependency package is referenced by the project. By building with this method, all dependencies will get consolidated properly into the app at deployment using
grunt serve for preview, make customizations only in the
app/ folder, and
grunt build to build a release candidate. Grunt will automatically change the dependency paths of all resources to an official CDN or a directory under
dist/ directory to your web host.
- GIS (5 hours): Cristiano
- OSM/Image Interpretation (10 hours): ?
- HTML5/CSS3 (10 hours): Glenn and others, please!
- Master branch: Web implementation
- gh-pages branch: Web implementation, trunk