Play framework 2 scala computer-database sample application with mysql
This project just takes the computer-database sample project, scala version, and modifies it to work with mysql database.
It's main purpouse is to demonstrate how to deploy a play framework 2 application on openshift.
To get up and running with openshift, check this quickstart: https://github.com/opensas/play2-openshift-quickstart
These are the steps you have to follow to deploy this app on openshift:
A step by step example: deploying computer-database sample app to openshift
Create the computerdb application on openshift, with mysql and phpadmin support.
rhc app create -a computerdb -t diy-0.1 rhc app cartridge add -a computerdb -c mysql-5.1 rhc app cartridge add -a computerdb -c phpmyadmin-3.4
Add upstream repo
cd computerdb git remote add upstream https://github.com/opensas/openshift-play2-computerdb.git git pull -s recursive -X theirs upstream master
Run the stage task, add your changes to git's index, commit and push the repo to openshift (you can also just run the openshift_deploy script):
play clean compile stage git add . git commit -m "deploying computerdb application with mysql support" git push
That's it, you can now see computerdb demo application running at:
List of changes needed to port computer-database sample app from H2 to mysql
- added engine=innodb, to enable referential integrity
- replaced sequences with autoincrement for id fields
- replaced 'SET REFERENTIAL_INTEGRITY' command with 'SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS'
- replaced timestamp fields with datetime
- splitted the computer data between 2.sql and 3.sql file (avoid bug in evolutions running on mysql)
- removed 'nulls last' from Computer.list sql query
- modified Computer.insert to skip id field (because is auto-assigned by mysql)
This project is distributed under Apache 2 licence.