Expense and Revenue Flow Diagram
Expense and Revenue data needs to be merged into a single spreadsheet to populate the flow diagram at openbudgetsav.org.
This data will be organized into six fields:
- Budget Year
- Account Type (
- Fund Type (
- Account Category
The existing parent and child hierarchy needs to be maintained.
Here's an example: OpenOakland FY18 Open Budget
Note: All rows with the code "1010" will be General Fund and all rows without will be Non-Discretionary Fund. Rather than coding the fields we will be placing the respective data points into new columns, i.e.
For Contributing Developers
This app is served as a Jekyll site with basic Bootstrap styles and d3.js visualizations. To run the project locally for development, follow these steps:
- Open your terminal application and enter the following command:
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:opensavannah/openbudgetsav.org.git
- In the root folder of your username, you shoould now see the directory
- Navigate into the folder by typing
cd openbudgetsav.orginto the terminal.
- Once inside the directory, run
$bundle exec jekyll serve.
- Jekyll should load and open in your browser at the address