Release Comments :
This is an incremental stable release after Bali(0.4.0). Basic tests on all features done; encouraged to do integration trials; not yet production ready. [Please contact us for product integration, we are happy to support]
New Features (From Bali - 0.4.0):
- Integrate with Prometheus and Grafana, and collecting metrics from storage backends.
- Metrics driver for LVM, Ceph, and OceanStor V3/V5.
- Anomaly detection
- Detect anomalous data points based on metrics collected from Telemetry.
- Alert generation is not done.
- E2E testing is not done.
- Automation and orchestration
- Design orchestration workflow using StackStorm.
- Use case includes provisioning storage with hooks to add custom actions.
- Supported workflows include volume provisioning, bucket migration, and user defined workflows.
- GCP object store backend
- IBM Cloud object store backend
- Signature identification with AK/SK
- Object Lifecycle management
- Provide object lifecycle management mechanism that allows tenants to manage lifecycle configuration policies through APIs.
- Support migration between on-premise object storage (Ceph or Fusion Storage) and cloud storage (AWS S3, Azure Blob, GCS, Huawei OBS).
- Support default OpenSDS storage tiers. User defined rules is not supported in Capri.
- Restore for Glacier is not supported.
- Support non-versioned bucket only in Capri.
- File share support
- Profiles design based on Swordfish
- NFS driver, Manila driver
- Volume Drivers
- NVMeoF driver (support LVM)
- HPE Nimble driver
- Scutech Cloud Migration System (CMS) host-based replication driver
- CSI 1.1.0 support
- Raw block support
- Topology support
- Multi-attach support
- NVMe TCP support
- CSI driver support for shared file systems (through file share APIs)
- Enable multi-dock/multi-node and multi-backend installation with Ansible
- Helm installation with Ceph
- Salt installer
- Thin OpenSDS (Experimental, documentation pending, Refer PR #888 and branch thin-opensds)
- A light-weight OpenSDS to serve Cloud Native environment
- All features tested at module and integration with other features
- E2E Usecases testing
- Performance and negative tests are not done much (improving)
- UT (coverage improving)
Note: Only for integration trials with products. Not yet production ready. If you want to deploy along with product, please contact us, we can help to make it production ready.