OpenSensorHub for Android
This repo contains modules specific to Android, including:
- A demo Android app
- A SensorHub service usable by other Android apps
- Drivers for sensors accessible through the Android Sensor API, Camera API and Location API
The demo app allows a phone or tablet running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later to send sensor data to a remote OSH node using the SOS-T standard.
Supported sensors include the ones that are on-board the phone:
- Raw IMU (Accelerometers, Gyroscopes, Magnetometers)
- Fused Orientation (Quaternions or Euler angles)
- Video Camera (MJPEG or H264 codec)
But also other sensors connected via USB, Bluetooth or Bluetooth Smart:
- FLIR One Thermal Camera (USB)
- Trupulse 360 Range Finder (Bluetooth)
- Angel Sensor Wrist Band (Bluetooth Smart)
Building the latest version of the App has been successfully tested with Gradle 4.7 and Android Studio 3.2.1.
You'll need to install an up-to-date Android SDK and set its path in the local.properties file. Also make sure you pulled source code from the
osh-addons repositories, in the same location as this repo.
To build using command line gradle,
cd in the
sensorhub-android-app folder and just run
../gradlew build. You'll find the resulting APK in
You can also install it on a USB connected device by running
How to use the App
The App is designed to be connected to an OSH server (for instance, you can use the osh-base distribution) and upload inertial, GPS and video data to it.
For the connection to be established, you'll have to configure the App with the correct endpoint of the server (see the App Documentation)
You'll also have to enable transactional operations on the server side so the phone can register itself and send its data. For this, use the following steps:
- Open the web admin interface at http://your_domain:port/sensorhub/admin
- Go to the "Services" tab on the left
- Select "SOS Service"
- Check "Enable Transactional"
- Click "Apply Changes" at the top right
- Optionally click the "Save" button to keep this configuration after restart