Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
If you are not an experienced contributor to open-source software, please read this introduction.
Writing your patch
Submitting your patch -- the short version
Submitting your patch -- the slightly longer version
- Create a GitHub account if you don't already have one.
- Go to the OpenSlide repository and click the "Fork" button at the top of the page. This will create a clone of the repository inside your own GitHub account.
- Use Git to push your changes to a new branch in this repository.
- On the GitHub page for your repository, click the "Pull Request" button at the top of the page, fill out the form and submit.
- Wait for comments. You may be asked to make changes before your patch is accepted. To do this, add additional commits and push them to the same branch in your repository. The additional commits will automatically be added to the pull request.
Thanks for contributing to OpenSlide!