This cookbook installs the OpenStack DNS service Designate as part of an OpenStack reference deployment Chef for OpenStack.
- Chef 12 or higher
- chefdk 0.9.0 or higher for testing (also includes berkshelf for cookbook dependency resolution)
The following cookbooks are dependencies:
- 'openstack-common', '>= 16.0.0'
- 'openstack-identity', '>= 16.0.0'
- 'openstackclient', '>= 0.1.0'
Please see the extensive inline documentation in
descriptions of all the settable attributes for this cookbook.
Note that all attributes are in the
The usage of attributes to generate the designate.conf is described in the openstack-common cookbook.
- Configure and start designate-api service
- Install the designate client package
- Installs the designate packages and setup configuration for Designate.
- Registers the Designate API endpoint, designate service and user
License and Author
|Author||Dr. Jens Harbott (email@example.com)|
|Author||Jan Klare (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Copyright||Copyright (c) 2017, x-ion GmbH.|
|Copyright||Copyright (c) 2017, cloudbau GmbH.|
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.