liberasurecode is an Erasure Code API library written in C with pluggable Erasure Code backends.
Unified Erasure Coding interface for common storage workloads.
Pluggable Erasure Code backends - liberasurecode supports the following backends:
- 'liberasurecode_rs_vand' - Native, software-only Erasure Coding implementation that supports a Reed-Solomon backend
- 'Jerasure' - Erasure Coding library that supports Reed-Solomon, Cauchy backends 
- 'ISA-L' - Intel Storage Acceleration Library - SIMD accelerated Erasure Coding backends 
- 'SHSS' - NTT Lab Japan's hybrid Erasure Coding backend 
- 'Flat XOR HD' - built-in to liberasurecode, based on 
- 'libphazr' - Phazr.IO's erasure code backend with built-in privacy 
- 'NULL' template backend implemented to help future backend writers
True 'plugin' architecture - liberasurecode uses Dynamically Loaded (DL) libraries to realize a true 'plugin' architecture. This also allows one to build liberasurecode indepdendent of the Erasure Code backend libraries.
Cross-platform - liberasurecode is known to work on Linux (Fedora/Debian flavors), Solaris, BSD and Darwin/Mac OS X.
Community support - Developed alongside Erasure Code authority Kevin Greenan, liberasurecode is an actively maintained open-source project with growing community involvement (Openstack Swift, Ceph, PyECLib, NTT Labs).
- PyECLib - Python EC library: https://github.com/openstack/pyeclib
- Openstack Swift Object Store - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Swift
Build and Install
Install dependencies -
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool
$ sudo yum install -y gcc make autoconf automake libtool
To build the liberasurecode repository, perform the following from the top-level directory:
$ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure $ make $ make test $ sudo make install
 Jerasure, C library that supports erasure coding in storage applications, http://jerasure.org
 Intel(R) Storage Acceleration Library (Open Source Version), https://01.org/intel%C2%AE-storage-acceleration-library-open-source-version
 Greenan, Kevin M et al, "Flat XOR-based erasure codes in storage systems", http://www.kaymgee.com/Kevin_Greenan/Publications_files/greenan-msst10.pdf
 Kota Tsuyuzaki firstname.lastname@example.org, "NTT SHSS Erasure Coding backend"
 Jim Cheung email@example.com, "Phazr.IO libphazr erasure code backend with built-in privacy"