Stackube is a Kubernetes-centric OpenStack distro. It uses Kubernetes, instead of Nova, as the compute fabric controller, to provision containers as the compute instance, along with other OpenStack services (e.g. Cinder, Neutron). It supports multiple container runtime technologies, e.g. Docker, Hyper, and offers built-in soft / hard multi-tenancy (depending on the container runtime used).
- Source: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/stackube
- Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/stackube
- Blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/stackube
- Documentation: https://stackube.readthedocs.io
- Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn1PDrYqkVA
Stackube is an open source project with an active development community. The project is initiated by HyperHQ, and involves contribution from ARM, China Mobile, etc.
Stackube uses the Apache v2.0 license. All library dependencies allow for unrestricted distribution and deployment.