Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Australia Competition Dec 2018
OpenStreetCam Australia Competition
Telenav is excited to announce an OpenStreetCam imagery collection competition for Australia! The competition will run until the end of January. The winners will receive an Amazon gift card.
How to compete
- Download the free / open source OpenStreetCam app for Android or iOS.
- Collect as many OpenStreetCam points as you can in Australia until January 31, 23:59 UTC+10. Every image uploaded gets you points, with more points awarded for roads that are being covered for the first time or that have been surveyed infrequently.
- You can see your current ranking in the app.
- We will announce the winners on February 8!
- The top contributor gets an $100 Amazon gift card, the two runners up receive an $25 Amazon gift card.
- You need to gather at least 100,000 points to be eligible to win.
- Additional Holiday Prize $25 Amazon gift cards for the 2 contributors who collect the most points before December 24 23:59 UTC+10. Minimum 25.000 points between December 1 00:00 UTC+10 and Dec 24 23:59 UTC+10 required.
- It costs nothing to compete.
For those who don't know OpenStreetCam, it is a free and open platform that uploads street-level imagery captured by your smartphone and detects salient features from the uploaded images such as signs, lanes and road curvature to improve OpenStreetMap. The images are collected by mappers for mappers, and can be used in iD or JOSM to improve OpenStreetMap. There are apps for Android and iOS to collect and upload images as you drive.
We have a 'Getting Started' guide on our blog!