Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release brings a major overhaul of the source code and database internals. The result is a much smaller database and improved query response times. The major changes include:
- move to CMake for the build framework
- introduce on-the-fly computation of address interpolations
- osm2pgsql uses the more efficient libosmium data structures
- cleanup of the PHP code structure
- complete overhaul of test infrastructure
The major new feature concerns the reverse endpoint: it is now able to return geometries using the
polygon_* parameters already known from the search endpoint.
For a more complete list of changes, see the ChangeLog file.
Starting with this release, installation instructions for releases have moved to nominatim.org. Please read them carefully when upgrading as the build process has changed significantly.
This release is not database-compatible with older versions. A complete database reimport is required when upgrading.