Many (but not all) contributed OpenTracing instrumentation can be found under the the OpenTracing-contrib github organization.
Other contributions are included directly/implicitly in the codebase being instrumented, or sometimes in a contrib or ecosystem for said instrumented project.
Incomplete list of third-party contributions
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but what follows is an incomplete list of third-party OpenTracing integrations.
- GRPC, hosted within their grpc-ecosystem github organization
- Express middleware, contributed by Clever
OpenTracing needs your help to proliferate. We’ve already had contributors instrument OSS projects, build tracing systems, and work on the API. If you are interested in getting involved, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or say hello on Gitter and we will work with you to come up with a useful proposal.
The following are all on the OpenTracing instrumentation short-list:
- AWS client libs
- React JS
- Finagle... almost
- MySQL / mariadb
Conference Speaking Opportunities
We like to spread the word about OpenTracing at conferences. We're always excited to collaborate with anyone who'd like to help out. If that sounds like you, please drop us a note at email@example.com. Specifically we are looking for:
- Co-presenting opportunities around OpenTracing, including workshops like the ones we've run at Kubecon/OSCON/etc
- Advice if you have spoken at these events or are involved with the committee
- Suggestions for any other events we should apply to speak at:
We are particularly interested in the following events:
- Monitorama USA
- Strange Loop
- GitHub Universe
- Go To
- CoreOS Fest
- Kubecon / CloudNativeCon
- Developer Week
- Cloud Foundry Summit