OpenTreeMap is open source software for collaborative, geography-enabled urban tree inventory. OpenTreeMap provides an easy-to-use public inventorying platform that enables individuals, organizations, and governments to collaboratively contribute to an interactive and dynamic map of a community’s tree population. OpenTreeMap is a project of Azavea and Urban Ecos.
OpenTreeMap is released under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ for more info.
This and other related repositories contain the code for "OTM2", the newest, next-generation version of the OpenTreeMap software. For archival purposes, the code for "OTM1", the previous version of the software (also known as OTM v1.0 through v1.3) is still available in a separate repository. If you're just getting started, we highly recommend using the OTM2 code - it has been re-engineered from the ground up and the target for all current and future development.
OpenTreeMap is also available as a hosted, subscription service ("SaaS") at OpenTreeMap.org.
Want to contribute? Check out our How to Get Involved page to get some ideas on how to start. Once you're at the point where you'd like to contribute back some code, make sure you read and return to Azavea a signed copy of our Contributor License Agreement.
Installation Guides (Start here!)
Other OpenTreeMap Repositories
Other OTM2 Components/repos
- [OpenTreeMap for iOS] (https://github.com/OpenTreeMap/otm-ios)
- [OpenTreeMap for Android] (https://github.com/OpenTreeMap/otm-android)
- UrbanForestMap.org - San Francicsco
- GreenprintMaps - Sacramento
- PhillyTreeMap.org - Philadelphia
- SanDiegoTreeMap.org - San Diego
- [Grand Rapids Urban Forest Project] (http://treemap.urbanforestproject.com/map/) - Grand Rapids, MI
- Treezilla - United Kingdom
- TreeMapLA - Los Angeles, CA (Hosted on OpenTreeMap.org SaaS)
- yegTreeMap - Edmonton, AB, Canada (Hosted on OpenTreeMap.org SaaS)
- [Tampa Tree Map] (http://www.tampatreemap.org) - Tampa, FL and University of South Florida Campus (uses open source code)
- Asheville Tree Map - Asheville, NC (uses open source code)
- Seattle Tree Map - Seattle, WA (uses open source code)
Chat about OpenTreeMap on Gitter