Discover, collect and play music from Youtube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Deezer and other streaming platforms.
Music libraries like Spotify and Apple Music make it easy to play and collect music that is released officially by music labels.
Openwhyd, on the other hand, allows music lovers to discover, play and collect any musical gem that is available on the most popular streaming platforms, including:
- music videos, bootlegs and specific live performances,
- fresh tracks from new and/or local artists,
- DJ sets and rare remixes,
- or any song that can be found and streamed online.
- Playlists: made of tracks from various sources: Youtube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Deezer...
- Button: Add a track from any web page, in a few clicks, using our Google Chrome extension and bookmarklet
- Radio: Subscribe to music curators based on your musical taste, and listen to their latest discoveries
- Fame: Get a following by creating awesome playlists, and being featured in the "Hot Tracks" ranking
- Search: Add descriptions to your track, to make them easier to find when you need them
- Integration: Embed your playlists on your blog or website, so your visitors can listen to it directly.
Status of the project
- Vision and roadmap: The Future of Openwhyd + development backlog.
- Latest stats, analytics and demographics: Openwhyd data report, mid-october 2017
- A question / problem? --> Check out our FAQ
Current tech stack
- Express-like Web Server
- HTML + CSS
- Playemjs for streaming tracks continuously
Setup and usage
Developers, feel free to clone this repo and make it run on your own machine!
You'll find setup and usage instructions in INSTALL.md.
There are several way you can help Openwhyd!
If you have other skills you'd like to contribute to Openwhyd, please tell us.
If you're out of time and money, you can still spread the word about openwhyd.org, e.g. by showing it to your friends or sharing your playlists on social networks.
Thank you in advance for your kindness!
These are the wonderful people whose time and sweat have made Openwhyd's heart beat since 2012!
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!
Support us with a monthly donation and help us keep Openwhyd alive. [Become a backer]
Become a sponsor and get your logo on our README on Github with a link to your site. [Become a sponsor]